Thursday, February 23, 2012

Doggie Rescue

Not only do I say hi to everyone I see while running, and wave at all the cars that pass by, but I've also started rescuing dogs on my runs. Apparently they are drawn to friendly runners like myself.

On Monday we rescued our second dog while running. This fuzzy little black friend ran right up to us. He would not have done well on his own out in the wild. James scooped him up, and did his best to hold the little wiggle worm still while I tried to read his tag to call his owner. We connected with his owner, and returned him to his very thankful mama. Walter was thrilled that we brought home dog smells.

In other running related news, I was going to go on a quick run last night while my boys played in the backyard and our dinner baked.

I told James there were only 24 minutes left on the timer, so I was just going to run 2 laps (booooooooring). His response, "you can't do that in 24 minutes." My response, "did you really have to challenge me to do that???" He just smiled.

So I set out to run my 2 laps under 24 minutes. I am happy to report that my 2 laps along with 1 quick calf stretch break, a short walk break, and a stand there and look at the javelina eating out of the trash can break in addition to a wait for them to get out of my way break, I returned home 22 minutes and 54 seconds later. I was huffing and puffing and wanted to barf, but I did it. Then we uploaded my run to the computer and compared it to the time he ran two laps in 21:17 and I really wanted to barf. And go out and run it again in less than 21:17.

I think it might be better for me to stick with rescuing dogs, James is getting too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment