Yesterday I went for a run. I was having a hard time deciding on a route, so I asked James what I should do. My options were running to Silverbell and back, or running to the end of another street nearby. James says, "Do both, I've done both. It's only 5 miles." So what do I do? I tell him I don't want to run that far, and I head out fairly certain I will just run down to Silverbell and back home. What do I actually end up running?? Both.
It wasn't the brightest idea I've ever had. It was windy. Very windy. And running in the wind is not fun. And, both routes involve a lot of uphill running. Running uphill into the wind is even less fun than running in the wind. But James challenged me to do both, and my overly competitive nature MADE me do it! And, my overly competitive self just got up from the desk, in the middle of typing this, to get my Garmin watch. Now I'm uploading my run and I am going to compare it to when he did the same run.
I will just ignore the fact that he ran a marathon one week ago. It's only 13.1 miles further than I've ever run. Though, I think if he were to challenge me to run a marathon I would decline. And then challenge him to run a half marathon faster than me....stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment