Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning!

A summary of my morning:

Bowl of cheerios dumped into drawer in the bathroom by an 18 month old.
Empty bowl found floating in the dog's water bowl.
Empty bowl fished out by me, and put in bathtub by 18 month old (why did I give it back to him????). 2 golf clubs, 1 hair tie, plastic cup, and measuring teaspoon are also put in the bathtub.
Breakfast.
Clean up after breakfast.
Get dressed for bible study.
Find 18 month old taking clean clothes out of laundry basket, and putting them in the dog's food bowl.
Dress 18 month old in his wild child t-shirt.
Realize I'm still wearing sweatpants.
Change into khakis (a little more appropriate for bible study).
Toss child in car.
Leave for bible study (only 10 minutes late!)

Thankfully tomorrow morning we don't have anywhere to be. I'm sure Zack will be sweet and want to sit on the couch and read books quietly.

Other excitement in our life, James is running his marathon on Sunday!! That's a really long way to run all at once.

I ran for 20 minutes on the treadmill today. The treadmill has not been touched since it got stuck in the incline position (I think it might be at the highest incline possible....at least it feels like it). We fully intended to have someone come out and fix the treadmill, but a new refrigerator, dog surgery, and a new washing machine were priorities. Since it was cold out today (only in the 40s...) I didn't want to run outside with Zack. So, during his afternoon nap I decided to do some hills on the treadmill. It took me 13 minutes to run 1 mile. That's about 4 minutes slower than my typical pace. And my legs are dead. Dead! I was going to run 2 miles, but I gave up after 20 minutes of torture.

We put up our Christmas tree last weekend. Zack loves it. Nearly every time he sees it he points and says, "tree!" He enjoys the lights and tells us that the color ones are "hot". He's hilarious!

Enough of my ramblings, it's time to address Christmas cards while eating peanut butter caramel corn and watching The Biggest Loser. Somehow all three of those things just go together.

No comments:

Post a Comment