Monday, August 6, 2012

Olympic Fever and Belly Envy

We've got a case of Olympic fever over here.  I love the Olympics.  James does too.  And Zack is well on his way to being a lover of the Olympics as well.  So far his favorite sports seem to be beach volleyball (or sand volleyball, as he calls it), swimming, and he really enjoyed watching the support cars during one of the bike road races (though I don't know if that really counts...).  Zack has even taken to "swimming" on the floor in his room.  It's quite hilarious. 

Somehow, I've managed to be pregnant for both the 2010 winter games, and now the 2012 summer games.  When I was pregnant with Zack, I mostly remember crying during the Olympics....sports made me emotional.  This time around, I'm not nearly as emotional, but I did find myself tearing up after Mo Farah won the 10,000 meters and celebrated by giving his daughter a big ole bear hug.  Sniff, sniff. 

While these Olympics might not be bringing out the most emotional side of me, I for sure have found myself with a case of belly envy.  So many of these athletes have such amazingly flat stomachs (and wildly muscular stomachs).  I used to have a mostly flat belly, never a wildly muscular one, but I don't think I really want that many muscles anyway.  Now, I'm 26 weeks pregnant, and my belly is far from flat.  It is however, rock solid.   


Thankfully the Olympics will only be on for about another week, after which I hope my case of belly envy will dissipate.  And, I'll be back to going to bed at 9pm every night.  If I just so happen to be pregnant during the 2014 winter games (we can't decide if we want 2 or 3 kids...) I think I will write to NBC and ask them to move their nightly broadcast up by a few hours in order to accommodate my pregnant lady sleeping schedule.  I'm sure they will do it if I ask nicely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment