It is a long term goal of ours to have our children be productive member's of society when they are grown and out of the house. Zack is perfectly capable of contributing around here....just with small, 2 year old sized tasks.
He is becoming quite the accomplished cook, and requests the step stool whenever I am in the kitchen making a meal. And he requests ingredients for his own little concoctions that he's cooking up. Earlier this week he requested flour, sugar, baking power and salt for his pancake mix. Apparently making pancakes at least once a week lends to a 2 year old memorizing the ingredient list....
He likes to put dirty spoons and forks in the kitchen sink and loves to feed Walter dog.
Today, I asked him to take a dirty washcloth and put it in the dirty towels, a task he has done many, many times. He runs off to his bathroom, then emerges with the washcloth, talking about dirty towels. He then runs off to mine and James' room with this washcloth, where I assumed he was going to put it in the dirty laundry in our closet.
I just came out of the bathroom where I found the washcloth. It was not in the dirty laundry, it was in the garbage can. Apparently Zack doesn't like that one anymore....
I love my little helper.

No comments:
Post a Comment