Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Getting Older, and More Practical

The older I get, the more practical I seem to become. 

When I turned 30, I bought myself a "sensible" wallet.  It just seemed like the right thing to do. 

Last week I turned 31 (which seemed so much older than 30!  But, now that I've been 31 for nearly a week, I'm realizing it's no different).  I spent my actual birthday cooking up a pancake extravaganza for my 2 year old pancake fanatic.  Then we went to open gym together, where he played and played and had so much fun. 

Then I decided to be practical and go to Costco and get a few things that we needed. Back in my 20s I would have never even considered being responsible on my birthday, that's what the other 364 days of the year were for.  But, we were out of decaf coffee.  And I wanted coffee.  So, to Costco Zack and I went.  While I was there, I treated myself to a birthday present (even though my wonderful James got me a Teavana tea maker thingy and some yummy, YUMMY tea the week before). 

I bought myself memory foam slippers. They were $10.  And they are amazing. Why have I never discovered such things before?!?! 

I'm already considering a 2nd pair. 

My birthday wasn't all about being practical, however. James and I did go out for dinner (to Tavalino, a new place for us.  It was delish!).  And after dinner we treated ourselves to dessert from AJ's.  YUM.  And all of this was sans child.  Except for the one in my belly.  That one goes with me everywhere. 

If 30 means a sensible wallet, and 31 means memory foam slippers, I can't even begin to imagine what 32 will bring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment