Saturday, September 8, 2012

I Miss Running

I miss running.  I really do.  Last weekend James ran on the treadmill while I napped.  When he was finished (he busted off one mile in 7:20!) I told him that I was jealous that he has the energy to run.  I have the energy to nap.  And make lists of things for James to do around the house.  And cook.  And take care of a 2 year old. And keep the house somewhat clean.  And grow another human being. 

In 9ish weeks this baby will [hopefully] be in my arms, and no longer in my belly.  Then around 6 weeks after that I will start up [slowly, and painfully] running once again, and documenting my return.  I can hardly wait.  Until then I suppose I will document the hilarious/sweet/peculiar things my sweetie pie Zacky does, along with any progress we make towards getting ready for the arrival of the wee one. 

Here are some of the things Zack has done this past week:

On Tuesday, I had my first BSF leaders meeting for the 2012-2013 year.  I talked to Zack about it all Monday, and the whole drive over on Tuesday.  By the time we got there he was quite excited to play on the playground at bible study.  That day, before Zack's nap, we went to pray.  Apparently I was taking too long getting started with the prayer, so Zack himself started praying.  It went like this. 

Zack:  Dear God
[long pause]
Me:  What do you want to thank God for??
[more pausing, and thinking]
Zack:  Sank soou, bubble study (translation, thank you bible study).

He melted my heart right there. 

He has also decided that while we are trying to get him ready for bed it's great fun to go hide in his closet.  He will then poke his sweet little face out and say, "James, Karen!"  Seriously!?  I want to be called mommy for as long as possible, none of this "Karen!" business. 

Sure do love that boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment