I beat Brandon and Alexis!!
Brandon and Alexis just might be the most on time couple ever. They are either early, or just on time. But really, most of the time they are early. I always feel bad when we are meeting up to run and I'm late. And I'm late pretty much every single time. I can usually blame Zack, cause he's a baby and can't talk...but today he was staying home with his dad. Of course, I was still late (and I probably can blame Zack)...but Brandon and Alexis arrived after me! Mark it on the calendar, cause it probably won't EVER happen again.
After their late arrival, we busted off 11 miles. We ran most of the course for the upcoming Oro Valley Half Marathon. Brandon so kindly paced us up the hill to start out. We decided that he's a great pace setter, but should probably keep his day job as heir to the throne at EC.
Highlights of the run:
1. Being there before B and A. (As James says..."No one makes my wife wait!")
2. The sweet old lady who was wearing a bright pink shirt with matching bright pink lipstick. (The exact same shade...no joke).
3. The pack of bikers that included an old man riding a yellow "velomobile", which is basically a banana on wheels.
4. Running the last 3/4 of a mile at a 7:51 pace (down a big hill...the laws of physics helped us go that fast).
Did I mention I was there before Brandon and Alexis???
No comments:
Post a Comment