Wednesday, February 23, 2011

You know it's going to be a tough run when...

You know it's going to be a tough run when you are done stretching, and you take the parking brake off the jogging stroller, and the wind blows the stroller right back into you.

I thought this afternoon would be a good time for a run. So I load Zack up into the stroller and off we go. I didn't receive a personal phone call from the weather man letting me know it was going to be quite windy this afternoon. Had he called, I would have stayed inside and ran on the treadmill. Instead, I ran a few laps around the neighborhood with Zack chilling in the BOB (which I believe is the BEST baby purchase we made). The first part of the run was slightly uphill, and into the wind. I walked it a bit, and my legs were still burning.

Despite walking parts, my first mile was at a 10:03 pace. The 2nd mile (with the wind at my back) was 8:54. The 3rd mile was back into the wind...and slower, 10:22. My last quarter mile was at a 8:17 pace. Sweet!

Had I stayed inside I would have been cheated out of using my Garmin watch (which I love and just might make me a running nerd), and hearing an old man telling me to pace myself, and the old lady saying "you go girl!" She made my day.

It's also not advisable to eat a quesadilla for lunch when you are planning on an afternoon run.

1 comment: