Tuesday, August 30, 2011

B-E-A-U-tiful Sunrise

This morning I decided to get up before my boys and go for a run all by myself. This was especially nice for 3 reasons.

1. It doesn't feel nearly as hot at 5:45 as it does at 6:45.

2. It's MUCH easier to run without the jogging stroller. I love my little Zack, but he's HEAVY! And, whenever you have someone as cute as Zack in a stroller, nearly everyone you see while on your run feels the need to say something to you. And, since I am Karen the Friendly Runner, I also feel the need to say something back to them. This greatly slows down my momentum.

3. The sunrise was extra B-E-A-U-tiful this morning. I've never really considered myself to be a morning person. This, however, is changing. I think there is something amazing about the few moments just before the sun peeks out from behind the mountains. Everything seems to peaceful, quiet, and undisturbed. I love being out running, having those peaceful and quiet moments with God. Not only did I have those peaceful and quiet perfect moments with God, I also got the treat of the sunrise being extra beautiful. It's a wonderful way to start the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment