Saturday, August 27, 2011

My Latest Hobby

Hi, my name is Karen and my new favorite hobby is sitting around and waiting for repair guys to come and attempt to fix my brand new refrigerator. I'd prefer at least 5 different visits, so that I can completely get my fill of the excitement that is involved in getting a phone call giving me my 2 hour service window, waiting for the repair man to arrive, and then the excitement of waiting to see if any ice will actually be made.

James and I bought a new fridge on the first of the month. 27 days and 5 (yes FIVE!) visits from the service department later, we have our very first ice cubes. All it took was replacing every single part in the freezer side (1 part at a time) and a brand new door (because that's where most of the parts are, and where there was likely a wiring issue, and it's easier than replacing the whole fridge). One critical call to the sales guy greatly helped this process.

I don't know what I'm going to do next week, when I don't need to call the company, and then sit around and wait for them to come and not fix my fridge. I need to get a new hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment