Yesterday was the longest training run James will do before his marathon. He busted off 20 miles. That's a really long way. He ended up running the river path, from Orange Grove to Dodge and back, plus a little doubling back somewhere in the middle. I ran the final 9 miles with him, and since I was pushing Zack in the jogging stroller the whole time, my total mileage comes out to 18 miles. If you have any questions about this 18 mile calculation ask James, he's a number man.
James is feeling pretty exhausted. Yesterday all he wanted to do was sit on the couch in his underwear and compression socks, with an ice pack on his knee. Today he can't stop eating and has enjoyed laying in the grass in the backyard. For having run 20 miles, he's doing quite well. My biggest complaint after running 18 miles is how bad my arm hurts from the flu shot I got yesterday. Boo hoo for shots. I now realize why Zack is in a rotten mood every time he gets vaccinations.
Speaking of Zack, I think he is going to be a genius, because he seems to have acquired most of my critical thinking brain cells while he was in utero. I used to be smart, I promise!! This week I've had at least 3 "moments" where I have noticed these missing cells.
The first being when James and I were in the car. We saw a large bird of some sort flying, and I wondered out loud if it was an eagle. James then tells me that it's a hawk, and that he doesn't think eagles live in Tucson since we don't have much water here. I kid you not, every time we see a big bird I always think it's an eagle, and James always tells me it's a hawk. Had he explained to me the lack of an eagle population in Tucson sooner, I would not have assumed that every bird I see is an eagle. Or, maybe if I would have paid attention in Earth Science, I would have come to this conclusion on my own.
The day after the "eagle incident" I was a sweet wife and I uploaded the pictures that we have on our camera to the computer. I even put the November 2011 ones in a brand new folder called "November 2011." I tell James via g-chat that I've uploaded pics. Here is how the conversation went.
James: did you click sync on the nov folder?
me: no, I didn't click it....I thought opening Picasa was enough. Just like I thought eagles frequented SO AZ.... I've been sorely mistaken all my life on these matters.
James: Is you serious
me: I'm serious. I thought all I had to do was open Picasa. The Oct pics synced automatically so I figured the Nov ones would too
James: that is because we clicked sync yo
Well, apparently eagles don't frequent the Tucson area, AND simply opening a computer program doesn't do much for you. You actually have to click buttons. I really thought I didn't have to do a thing.
My last "wow" moment involves Elmo. And, a quick google search has actually revealed that this might be more of a "wow" moment for my husband. Zack has an Elmo camera that sings and says slightly obnoxious sayings every time a button is pressed. Zack was playing with this camera and Elmo sounded a lot like a monkey to me, which lead me to ask James what exactly Elmo was. Is he a red monkey? I decided that no matter what Elmo was (a red monkey, or just a weird talking thing), he was a puppet. Only I couldn't remember the word for puppet. So, I started calling him a muppet, and telling James that he was a muppet because he was just a stuffed animal thing being controlled by a human. James was telling me he wasn't a muppet, because that was a different show. I, however, was still convinced Elmo was a muppet, and even grabbed the cow puppet we have to try and give James a visual that Elmo was a puppet, just like the cow was a puppet. Then I realize that I'm calling the cow a muppet, not a puppet, but for the life of me I can't remember the word puppet. James clears things up for me that both the cow and Elmo are both PUPPETS, and that Elmo is not a muppet.
As I mentioned, I decided to do some google research before publicly declaring that I have given my son all of my brain cells. In this research, Wikipedia has told me that Elmo is indeed a muppet. James can hardly believe it, and has demanded to know the definition of a muppet. This still doesn't change the fact that I couldn't remember the word muppet, so just substituted puppet for it. So, I guess you could say that Zack is indeed a genius, and will be until he has his own children. At that point he will give 1/3 of his brain cells to his firstborn child, while his wife will give 100% of hers to this firstborn.
I wonder what's going to happen when we have another child....yikes.
No comments:
Post a Comment