Monday, January 16, 2012

Exciting News!! (Cont.)

No, I'm not pregnant.


Remember the other exciting news I've blogged about before??? About how the house next door to us is finally on the market?? A quick re-cap if you're confused. The house next to us has been vacant since the summer of 2010. James and I don't really have all that exciting of a life, so I definately call him and tell him things like "James, there is someone doing yard work next door!!" or "there are painters next door!!!!" and we get pretty excited. One day, this empty house had a for sale sign put up out front. We went outside and looked at it as a family, that's how huge this is in our life.


Well, the house is still on the market, and has been since October (and is anyone really surprised by this?? Ummmmm, no). Plenty of people come and look at the house, and being the good wife that I am, I report these visitors to James. Generally it's Walter who announces that there are people next door. Lets say 100 people have toured the house next door. Out of those 100 people, Walter has probably howled at 97 of them. He was probably asleep or eating when then other 3 were in the backyard next door. He enjoys saying hi to new people, he's just a friendly beagle!!


Well, the people touring the house today got a real treat from Walter. You see, Walter really enjoys dirty laundry. James and I are pretty good at getting the dirty stuff into the hamper, but on the rare occasion that I'm a bit behind on laundry and the hamper is over flowing (this has probably only happened 1 or 2 times since we got married...ok, I confess, it's always happening), Walter can be found in our closet, happily rolling in the dirty clothes. He has 2 favorites: running clothes (they are extra stinky) and underwear. From time to time he manages to get a pair of underwear or some running shorts around his neck. We laugh every time this happens. Well, today, Walter happened to find an overflowing laundry hamper, and delighted himself by rolling in it. He emerged from the closet wearing a pair of boxers around his neck. I laughed at him, but at the moment I was doing something else, so I didn't take these boxers off the dog's neck. Sometime goes by, and I hear Walter in the backyard, doing his usual howl at the people next door.


Then he comes in and I see this.....



My dog sure did howl at the people looking at the house next door, while wearing James' underwear around his neck.


But, the reality of it is, if you are going to live next door to us, there will, from time to time, be a beagle in the backyard wearing running shorts or underwear around his neck. Eventually he will get used to the neighbors, and won't howl at them. However, he will continue to air our dirty laundry as long as we've got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment