The other morning, while I was making breakfast, Zack was sitting at the table coloring. And by coloring, I mean he was dropping the same two crayons over and over again, victoriously claiming that they were both green (picture it, lifting the crayon up over his head, and declaring loudly "GEEEEN!!!"), and occasionally scribbling on a piece of paper.
This is how the conversation between the two of us went.
Zack: Geeeen!! (Holding green crayon up over head)
Me: You're right, that crayon is green!
Zack: Geeeen!!!! (Holding red crayon up over head)
Me: Green is a pretty color but that crayon is red.
Zack: Geeeen!!!!!!! (Still holding red crayon up over head)
Me: Zack, that crayon is red, it's pretty.
Zack: GEEEEN!!!!! (You guessed it, red crayon in hand, up over head)
Me: That one is red. It's not green. Red, can you say RED??
And this is when I asked myself....why are we having this argument?? He's not even 2, he has no idea of red vs. green. He just loves to say green. And, if something isn't green it's because he has decided it's blue. And, it's crazy cute when the kid is telling me (loudly) that something is GEEEEEN!!! or BEUUUUUUUU!!!! Someday he will know all his colors, and say green and blue, and I will miss the times when he was at the table declaring loudly that his red crayon was geeeen.
I think I need to go give him a ridiculously huge hug, and ask him what color my shirt is.
Or, I'll let him sleep. That's probably a better idea for all parties involved.
No comments:
Post a Comment