Two year olds are hilarious. Sometimes completely irrational, and sometimes the most logical people on the planet. I happen to wildly love my sweetie pie 2 year old Zacky boy. He makes me smile on a regular basis. For example, the other morning I was making him breakfast, which really is just re-heating pancakes in the microwave. When he heard the microwave beep he came running into the kitchen yelling "Yay! Yay!! Pancakes!!!!" I smiled at his joy over microwaved pancakes.
In addition to a deep love for microwaved pancakes, he has a deep love for his blocks (legos, technically, but we call them blocks). His love for his blocks is so deep that we sometimes have a hard time prying him away from these blocks for a nap, a meal, and for bedtime. There have been tears involved more than one time when we have had to put these blocks away so they could go night, night. I think I may have gotten a glimpse of how he feels about this myself, just the other day. I had built him a pretty sweet set of stairs with his blocks. My building skills have greatly improved over the past couple of weeks, and I was proud of how structurally sound these stairs were. Then Zack destroyed them. I nearly cried. I wanted to show James my stairs when he came home from work. Just a little glimpse of what it might feel like to be a 2 year old....
No comments:
Post a Comment