Monday, July 9, 2012

Running, 100 degrees and Smoking....

What do running, 100 degrees, and smoking have to do with one another??? 

It's what we saw two people doing while we were driving home from church yesterday. 

We are just cruising home in the 100+ degree heat, at 12:30, when we see runners.  2 of them.  The guy is slightly a head of the lady.  He's doing a bit of a shuffle jog.  She's doing more of a speed walk.  And she's smoking.  A cigarette.  While out for a Sunday jog. 

I told Zack they were making a poor decision, just like people who ride their bike or motorcycles without helmets are making a poor decision. 

I can maybe almost a teensie bit understand running when it's 100 out (ok, no, I can't.  That's what treadmills and running outside at 5am in the summer are for).  But I absolutely cannot comprehend smoking while running.  Well, really, smoking at all.  But while exercising??  Poor decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment