I am now 22 weeks pregnant and have finally taken a belly picture. Hopefully I can manage to take a few more through out the pregnancy so this child can also see what it looked like while stretching out my belly.
I've noticed a few obstacles to documenting my "progress" this time around.
1. I'm pretty lazy these days. It's hot out, a lot of days I don't bother styling my hair. A growing belly and a messy hair-do don't make a lady feel all that pretty, so I avoid cameras.
2. Zack. We think he is freakishly cute and love to take pictures of him. He, however, does not enjoy this. So, whenever we get the camera out he furrows his brow, says "no, no, no!" and shoves his hand in the camera lens to avoid being photographed at all costs. Often times the camera puts him in a bad mood. Since 2 year olds can be a tiny bit moody from time to time I try and avoid doing things that I know will set him off.
3. I'm a teensie bit afraid to see what the belly is looking like. It's feeling a lot bigger than it did when I was this far along with Zack. Denial is powerful!
However, when I compare the belly pics side by side I'm not seeing too much of a difference, at least size wise. I think I'm a bit "rounder" this time. Somehow with Zack my belly was sticking out, but flat. Awkward. I must give my compliments to my photographer, his skills have greatly improved. 2 examples, the background and the fact that I'm looking at the camera this time. Though, looking back at other pictures of me while I was pregnant with Zack, my skin was out of control. Acne city, much like a teenager going through puberty. Thankfully this time I'm not quite the pimply teenager I was last time. I guess being 30 has its benefits!
It's pretty hard to believe that I'm already half done with this pregnancy...only about 4 months left! November will be here before we know it.

No comments:
Post a Comment