Sunday, November 4, 2012

Come on Baby!

I've decided I would like to be done being pregnant.  While my child is close to 1 million times easier to take care of while it's still growing in my belly (in comparison to how "easy" newborns are...), I'm pretty uncomfortable, and I'm getting quite antsy to meet this little person.  Are you a boy?  A girl??  Will you look like your big brother??  What is your personality going to be like?  Do you have hair? And the list goes on, and on. 

At night I'm getting a solid hour to hour and a half of sleep in between bathroom breaks.  There are a few rare occasions when I sleep for 2, or maybe even 3 hours straight.  Those stretches are amazing, and absolutely a gift from God.

I've been cleaning everything in site.  I think I clean the shower every 3 days.  And we've never been this caught up on laundry.  Ever.  Today I took it upon myself to wash a soap dish as well as the container that holds James' mouth guard.  Things are beginning to get out of control.  The space under the stove is clean, as well as under the fridge.  The walls behind the toilets have been disinfected, as well as nearly every single surface in the house.  It's a good thing the dog moves, otherwise I'm sure I would be trying to disinfect him as well.  Thankfully I have some self control, and I have yet to vacuum the grass as this would surely break my back and make my belly feel as though it's going to fall off (but not get me any closer to having a baby, just make me very, very sore). 

My doctor keeps telling me "it could be any day now."  But, with each day that passes, my belly just grows bigger and my heartburn gets a little bit worse.  Only God knows exactly when this little bambino will arrive (along with whether is a boy or a girl, and exactly how many hairs it has, or doesn't have, on it's sweet little head).  So, for now, we will do our best to rest on God's promises, and know that He knows best, and has the most perfect plan for this wee one. 

And while we wait, I will continue to wear the same 5 shirts that mostly cover the expanding belly, and clean until I can clean no more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment