It's 8:15 on a Saturday night and I'm pretty much ready for bed. It was a crazy busy, and exciting week for us. But now I'm exhausted!!
Looking back, it only makes sense that I'm a worn out lady.
Sunday-12 miles. 12 hot, windy miles. 12 hot, windy miles along the River Path, where some of the water fountains weren't working. We would stop at each one and take a bird bath. Except the dry ones...at the dry ones we would just stare at them and wonder why the City of Tucson was repairing all 300,000 cracks along the river path, but could not have 6 or so water fountains in working order. Apparently their priorities are not my priorities.
Monday-Acquire 1 nephew, age 14 months. So we've got ourselves a Zack and a Jonah under one roof for a few days. Fun times (and chaos!) ahead!
Tuesday-Jonah and Zack ran circles around me all day. The day was a blur of 2 little boys eating, sleeping, beating one another up, eating some more, diaper changes (lots!) and then eating again. I felt like all I did was prepare food, attempt to get some of that food into the boys and not just the dog, clean up after eating, change diapers, and then start all over. The highlight of the boys day was chasing one another around the kitchen table for at least 20 minutes. The highlight of my day was finding out my niece, Ruby, had arrived!
Wednesday-Basically a repeat of Tuesday. In addition, we loaded up the circus and drove across town so Jonah could meet his baby sister. My sister told me "you look more tired than I do," which is pretty crazy considering she had given birth less than 24 hours earlier. James and I then ventured to Beyond Bread for dinner, with both Jonah and Zack. Most other people probably thought we were nuts. Hey, I kinda thought we were nuts!
Thursday-James stayed home to help me manage feeding time at the zoo. The best part of the day for me was going for a quick run around the neighborhood. With 2 boys, running was IMPOSSIBLE. That night we also celebrated my sister's birthday and homecoming with baby Ruby. We gave her the best present ever, Jonah!
Friday-9 mile run. It seriously felt like it was uphill into the wind the whole entire time. The first half really was uphill, into the wind. And, between then 3 of us (B, A and I) we had 2 jogging strollers. Ugh. I decided my body can't do 2 long runs 5 days apart. It's just too hard! After running I ran what felt like 1 million errands (it was really 2), and then we dropped Z off with B and A and went to JL's graduation. We were finally back home and in bed by midnight (and my days of staying up till midnight are OVER).
Saturday-Up at 6:15. Bountiful Basket pick up at 7. Girls hike to Pima Canyon at 9:30, with lunch afterwards. Come home, COLLAPSE! And then, Zack wakes up from his nap....so much for collapsing!
So, here we are, a little after 8 on Saturday night. James is watching PBS and I'm hoping that my teeth will magically brush and floss themselves, my face will be clean and my pillow properly fluffed. I dream big.
I'm thinking next week is going to be boring.
No comments:
Post a Comment