Friday, April 1, 2011

My Baby is Advanced, VERY Advanced

Everyone likes to think that their baby is the smartest baby to ever grace the face of the planet. Well, everyone needs to just take their place in line behind us, because James and I REALLY have the smartest baby ever. This morning he proved to us that he is far more advanced than the typical child who is nearly 11 months old.

Every time I'm holding Zack and making him a bottle, he grabs the calendar that is hanging on the fridge. Apparently this whole time he has been reading the calendar and paying very close attention to the day of the week, and more importantly, the date.

This morning, at around 4am, he was in his crib crying. Since he has had a sick, "I don't really want to eat anything" week, I made him a bottle and gave him a few cuddles. He happily ate and went back to sleep. A little after 5am he was up again, screaming his head off. James went in to check on him, fully expecting to see a child who had either tossed his cookies, or had an extreme diaper explosion. The way he was screaming it seemed as though things were just not okay. A few minutes later James comes back into our room with a very happy, smiley Zack.

The kid played his very first April Fool's Day joke on his parents. It's from all that calendar grabbing and studying! He must have been laying there in his crib, thinking about how much he loves us, and how much he loves spending time with us. He clearly decided that if he just started screaming his head off, his loving parents would surely come get him, just like James did!! And when the whole family was finally reunited in the same room, he would flash one of his sweet sweet smiles, as if to say "Happy April Fool's Day, love you guys!!" Such a charmer. I can't believe he pulled such a great prank at such a young age.

And I know what you are thinking, if he's so advanced and can read the calendar and know April 1st is a great day to pull pranks on people, then why can't he talk? Come on people, he's not even 11 months! Let's be realistic.

Besides being able to read a calendar, he has acquired a new skill this week. The boy can wave!! If both James and I wildly flap our arms as if doing the chicken dance in fast forward, and say "Hi Zack!! Zack, wave to us!! Hi Zack!!!!" over and over, he will give us an occasional wave. It melts our hearts every time.

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to get back to teaching Zack the alphabet, colors, German, Russian and Portuguese. He needs to master these skills by the time he is 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment