Friday, September 16, 2011

Someone's Thirty!

And that someone is me!

This week I spent my last few days in my 20s, and welcomed in a whole new decade. A decade that begins with the number three. So far 30 feels absolutely no different than 29. I have done a few things that may make me seem "older", like buying a sensible wallet, and some skin firming lotion. But, I've needed a real wallet for quite a while now, and my arms look funky from holding a little boy all day long. I can't blame my need for a sensible wallet or skin firming lotion on being 30. But, I can hope that suddenly I will be super organized, and my skin will be as soft as Zack's. We can all dream, right?

I started celebrating my birthday last week. Alexis and I went and got pedicures, and then we went to dinner at Zona (yum!). She planned the whole thing. She told me that we should go do pedis and dinner. A few days later I told her that we should invite a few other girls for dinner. Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnndddddd, that's about when I ruined my surprise dinner. Oops!! She had already sent out an Evite with lots of ladies on it. So, she told me she took care of it, and every once in a while she would tell me that someone couldn't come for whatever reason, but that another girl would be there. When she and I arrived at the restaurant there were significantly more ladies than I thought would be coming, including my sister! So, I was still surprised, despite my best efforts to ruin everything, despite the fact that I knew nothing of it. We had a fun girls dinner. Andrea made a cake (that they charged us $10 to eat there....what's that all about?!). My friends put 2 candles on the cake. I was unable to blow them out in one try. Pathetic, but hilarious.

The day before my birthday James and I were eating Oreos. In the time I eat 1 oreo, James can eat about 5. He's amazing. Since there were only a few Oreos left, he suggested we divide them up that way I would be able to eat more than 1. It ended up that I got 3, and he got 2. His logic behind this, "cause you're 30 and I'm only 20!" Hilarious!

On my actual birthday there wasn't too much excitement. I went for a birthday run in the morning, and then Zack and I went to the mall. He bought me whatever I wanted, which ended up being a skirt, a dress and a Cinnabon! YUM! James came home from work with flowers, a Dr. Pepper and Reeses! He's the best! And, Zack was in an amazingly good mood all day long. He's the best, too!

Tomorrow James and I are going to spend the day doing whatever we feel like doing. We plan to shop and eat! All with out the assistance of Mr. Grabby Hands!

I've been 30 for a few days now, and have yet to have a crisis over it. Really, I'm quite thankful. I am grateful God has given me another year here on Earth to spend with people I love. There's not much more I could ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment