Monday, September 19, 2011

Why I Am Not a Painter

I just realized another reason why oil painting will never be my new hobby.

I had mentioned in one of the cons that I was not good at mixing colors. I thought that if I mixed yellow and green I would somehow come up with blue. So, I kept mixing these two colors together, but I never came up with blue, just with a lighter green than I started with. For some reason, I was convinced I could make blue from these two colors. James even agreed with me that I could just mix yellow and green to get blue.

Maybe it was the fumes of the paint, mixed with the fumes of the paint thinner that made me forget that blue was a primary color, therefore, can't be created by mixing other colors together.

I guess I should have paid better attention in elementary school art.

No comments:

Post a Comment