Saturday, May 7, 2011

Horrible Shoe Choices

Last night our church had a Parent's Night Out, where they provide FREE childcare to members of ABFs. It is amazing. We dropped sweet Zack off, and Brandon and Alexis dropped their sweet boys off, then we headed out on a double date. While we were waiting for a table at the restaurant, Alexis and I decided to head to DSW to browse. We wandered through the store and came across some lovely shoes that we both confessed to wearing in high school. And now I'm going to confess to the world wide web that I wore truly horrible sandals, with socks, in high school. Here is a picture of the shoe I speak of.



I can't believe I actually put those on my feet and wore them, and wore them OFTEN and out in public! I know Alexis and I can't be the only poor, unfortunate high school girls who thought it was fashionable to wear these "massaging" shoes (with socks!! EEK!!). As I recall, they didn't really massage much, in fact, I think they may have been rather uncomfortable and the little nubs were somewhat irritating. Perhaps this is why we wore these beautiful black sandals with white socks.

I apologize to anyone who currently wears these sandals, and to anyone who wears these sandals with socks (or really anyone who wears sandals with socks). I'm sure they look good on you. They just didn't look good on me. And Alexis, I am sorry that I have now shattered every one's perception of you and your perfect-ness, especially when it comes to fashion. I guess we all make mistakes, and thankfully we grow from them. I pray that socks with sandals never make a comeback. And if they do, I pray that I will still be horrified enough of my high school shoe choices that I will choose to not participate in the socks and sandals combo ever again.

3 comments:

  1. Never had them, this is where my fashion sense kicks in...I made fun of those who wore sox with these shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon, they don't go with your uniform, so it's no surprise you've never worn them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is ok you outed my imperfection :) I thought I was hot stuff and Brandon, we wore socks with them, not sox ;)

    ReplyDelete