Somebody please call the doctor, we've got a sick treadmill.
As I mentioned, the treadmill had a "moment" where it decided to speed up on me the other day. I had mentioned something about wearing that little clip that will stop the treadmill when you fall off the back of it. Well, I didn't wear that clip, and I also didn't fall off the back. BUT, last night I was on the treadmill doing a lovely speed workout while James ran outside (thank you monsoon downpour for cooling it off to 80!!). When I was almost to mile 2, the treadmill once again had a "moment." Only this time it didn't speed up. Suddenly the incline started increasing. This is SUPER bizarre since the incline is broken. You push the up arrow, and it doesn't move. Somehow it decided on it's own to raise that incline right straight up. I of course hopped off (my speed was at 8, running that fast up a hill is impossible.) I took a picture of it with my cell phone, sent it to James, and got back on. I managed to run at a 6 for 30 seconds or so before I had to walk. This whole time I am mashing on the down arrow, trying my hardest to get the incline to go down, but it didn't work. It didn't even work when I pushed the button harder!!
James came home and watched me push the up and down buttons over and over, but it didn't do a thing. Our treadmill, with the broken incline feature, is now stuck in an inclined position. And being stuck in the inclined position means that you can't fold it up (not like we do that very often anyway....). It also means that running on it will be HARD! Hill work outs galore!!
I'm afraid the next time I try to use the treadmill it will violently shake and breathe it's last breath. Hopefully a treadmill doctor can prevent such a tragedy. Now I just need to find a treadmill doctor....
No comments:
Post a Comment